Cairns Urban Adventures
What better way to start the day than by joining our favorite Cairns tour, the Morning Glory tour. Wake to the smell of a fresh BBQ brekky on the world famous Cairns Esplanade foreshore. Imagine watching and listening to the tropics comes alive.
Extend your tour of Cairns and go for a leisurely stroll and take in the highlights that the Esplanade offers, including the amazing ecosystem. In the afternoon, go for a tropical walk to the Botanical gardens on our Afternoon Adventure tour. Taking in many diverse landscapes and even walk past the famous Tanks Art gallery. Get tropical and experience what our Cairns tours have to offer!
Think our Cairns tour is awesome, why not try our Melbourne tour, Perth tour or New Zealand tour.
Length: 6 hours From AUD 65.00
Who would have thought Cairns is more than a launching point for the Great Barrier Reef? There's mountains and gardens, wildlife, and indigenous culture, and some of the best fish and chips you'll ever taste. Join this Cairns tour to see the parts that many tourists miss.
Cairns All Encompassed
Length: 11 hours From AUD 90.00
Fall in love with Cairns by spending a full day and night on a group date with the Urban Adventures gang. Be swept off your feet by incredible views, get hot and steamy on a hike, and spend a dreamy night getting massaged and eating tapas on this Cairns tour.
Cairns by Night
Length: 4 hours From AUD 85.00
A cool drink, a massage, kangaroo snacks, crocodile tapas, and hanging with local artisans - this Cairns tour nails the 'relaxation after a day on the reef' experience!
Good Morning Cairns
Length: 7 hours From AUD 65.00
Experience one of Australia's greatest contributions to the culinary world - the breakfast barbeque - on this early morning Cairns tour which also includes chocs and crocs (translation: chocolate tasting and crocodiles).
The team at Cairns Urban Adventures is set to show you, the traveller, some of the town’s landmarks including learning about the local environment, history and culture. Watch the tropics come alive with our Morning Glory tour or experience urban culture with our Afternoon Adventure tour. Which ever you decide let us show you how to live like a local!
Feels like: 26°C
Scattered showers. Passing clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.